Associate Degree Requirements
All Associate Degrees available through Utah State University require:
- Degree specific courses and/or elective courses
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Total of 60+ credits at 1000 level or above
- At least 20 USU credits
- General Education courses. Courses taken to satisfy specific General Education (or University Studies) requirements will be deemed as acceptable for satisfying that requirement without review for a maximum of 15 years from the time the course was completed.
Associate of Applied Science degrees are available at select USU campuses and require:
(1) a minimum of 15 credits of general education, including at least one course in Communications Literacy, Mathematics or Quantitative Literacy, Human Relations or Breadth Social Sciences, and six additional credits from approved General Education courses outside the major;
(2) specified coursework in the area of study;
(3) USU cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
(4) completion of at least 63 credits; and
(5) at least 20 credits in residency (USU credits) at USU's Logan Campus, USU Eastern, or through courses offered by USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education.
(6) a 900 hour certificate of completion from an Applied Technology Collage (ATC)
Specific course requirements vary for each Associate of Applied Science degree. Browse the requirements in the university catalog after selecting your specific degree of interest.Browse Associate of Applied Science Degrees
The Associate of Science (AS) degree in general studies is available without a concentration and is offered through all USU campuses and online. Requirements include:
(1) completion of current USU General Education requirements;
(2) USU cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
(3) completion of at least 60 credits; and
(4) at least 20 credits in residency (USU credits) at USU's Logan Campus, USU Eastern, or through courses offered by USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education.
USU Eastern also offers Associate of Science degrees in Business (AB), Criminal Justice (AC).
Browse Associate of Science Degrees
In addition to completion of the requirements for the Associate of Science (AS) degree, an Associate of Arts (AA) degree signifies proficiency in a foreign language. Specifically, the AA requirement may be awarded through successful completion of one foreign language course at the 1020-level or higher (or its equivalent).
Students whose native language is not English may use English to meet the foreign language proficiency requirement by completing one of the following:
(1) achieve a score of 500 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or
(2) successfully complete a minimum of 10 semester hours of ESOL 1000 or above numbered coursework.